We rely on your support.
Thank you for considering a donation to ABPRI. As a non-profit organization, we rely on the support of our community to continue our outreach and conservation efforts.
All donations go directly to the Preserve and are used for our research, educational, and outreach activities. We appreciate your generosity.
With AmazonSmile, each time you purchase an eligible item from Amazon.com, 0.5% of your cost is donated to Ashton. Just sign into AmazonSmile with your usual Amazon.com login, search for Ashton Biodiversity Research and Preservation Institute, Inc., and set us as your selected organization!
Sponsor a Tortoise
All of the tortoises at ABPRI are either educational tortoises or species facing extinction in the wild. You can help the Preserve by adopting a tortoise. Your support will help provide your tortoise with access to various fruits (pineapple, watermelon, grapes, etc.). Your donation also helps provide your tortoise with enrichment, such as enclosure sprinklers, shell scrubs and more grazing opportunities.
We breed endangered tortoises to help ensure the species’ survival in the future. Captive breeding programs create a diverse, healthy genetic pool which is critical for reintroduction efforts should the species go extinct in the wild. By adopting one of our endangered tortoises, you not only help the individual tortoise on the Preserve, but you help its counterparts in the wild.
Please e-mail us for more information about tortoises available for sponsorship.
ABPRI runs largely off of community donations. We’re always happy to accept gently used tools and supplies, as this helps us maintain the Preserve and cuts down on waste by recycling and reusing. For more information about how to make a donation from our Wish List, please contact Chase Pirtle.
Preserve staff and volunteers use tools like these to maintain tortoise enclosures, grow our gardens, and manage the Ashton habitats.
- Lumber (2×4, 4×4, 4×6, etc.), plywood, PVC piping, and screws
- Power tools and weed whackers (for maintaining grounds)
- Shovels, loppers, flower pots, and garden tools
- Work gloves and wheelbarrows
- Hoses and faucets
- Cement mix (for tortoise wallows)
Animal Care Supplies
We’re always happy to receive supplies like the following to help us care for our tortoises and educational animals.
- Rags, towels, and paper towels
- Birdseed and bird feeders
- Birdhouses and bat houses
- Tortoise egg incubator
- Plastic storage containers
- Heat lamps and UV bulbs (for reptiles)
- Digital scale (50 lb capacity)
We love doing outreach events to educate the public about wildlife and conservation and connect with our community. These supplies help support our events.
- Poster boards (for creating educational materials)
- Paint (for posters and signs)
- Gift cards for Publix, Home Depot, and Lowe’s (for purchasing refreshments, tools, etc.)
Wildlife Research Supplies
Part of our mission involves conducting research and providing research support for those working to understand and protect our natural environment.
- Tree stands (for collecting observations)
- Gently used computers (for digitizing records)
- Burrow scope (for gathering data)
- Camera traps and snake hooks
- Deep freezer (for storing specimens)
These asks are bigger, but they play a major role in helping us continue our work.
- New air conditioning unit for intern bunkhouse
- Trailer (for transporting supplies to events)
- Tractor (for creating fire lanes)
- Rototiller (for gardening)
DTN: 332201 License:CH10583
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Call 1-800-435-7352 or visit http://www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com.