ABPRI runs largely off of community donations. We’re always happy to accept gently used tools and supplies, as this helps us maintain the Preserve and cuts down on waste by recycling and reusing.
For more information about how to make a donation off our Wish List, please contact Chase Pirtle.
Preserve staff and volunteers use tools like these to maintain tortoise enclosures, grow our gardens, and manage the Ashton habitats.
- Lumber (2×4, 4×4, 4×6, etc.), plywood, PVC piping, and screws
- Power tools and weed whackers (for maintaining grounds)
- Shovels, loppers, flower pots, and garden tools
- Work gloves and wheelbarrows
- Hoses and faucets
- Cement mix (for tortoise wallows)
Animal Care Supplies
We’re always happy to receive supplies like the following to help us care for our tortoises and educational animals.
- Rags, towels, and paper towels
- Birdseed and bird feeders
- Birdhouses and bat houses
- Tortoise egg incubator
- Plastic storage containers
- Heat lamps and UV bulbs (for reptiles)
- Digital scale (50 lb capacity)
We love doing outreach events to educate the public about wildlife and conservation and connect with our community. These supplies help support our events.
- Poster boards (for creating educational materials)
- Paint (for posters and signs)
- Gift cards for Publix, Home Depot, and Lowe’s (for purchasing refreshments, tools, etc.)
Wildlife Research Supplies
Part of our mission involves conducting research and providing research support for those working to understand and protect our natural environment.
- Tree stands (for collecting observations)
- Gently used computers (for digitizing records)
- Burrow scope (for gathering data)
- Camera traps and snake hooks
- Deep freezer (for storing specimens)
These asks are bigger, but they play a major role in helping us continue our work.
- New air conditioning unit for intern bunkhouse
- Trailer (for transporting supplies to events)
- Tractor (for creating fire lanes)
- Rototiller (for gardening)